Sunbit is revolutionizing the way Americans across all walks of life access care, services, and beyond for ubiquitous, everyday needs. In an era during which everyone is chasing digital transactions, we focus on empowering local merchants and essential services that serve as the lifeblood of their respective communities. As a Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) technology company, we're building new capabilities that help shoppers realize the full potential of their buying power, provide merchants with the tools to sell more easily, and help lenders open the door to fair financing for people from every conceivable background. By introducing a flexible way to pay over time, we are proud of our ability to lift up service providers and retailers while helping consumers when necessary expenses arise... regardless of whether they were expected or unexpected. Sunbit is active in more than 17,000 locations, with 1 in 3 auto dealerships, optometry, dental, and other practices already leveraging our interactive platform. We use cutting-edge innovations in financial technology to bring leading data and features that allow individuals to be qualified instantly, making financing purchases at the point-of-sale fast, fair and easy for consumers across the credit spectrum. Founded in 2016, we completed a $130MM Series D round at $1.1B in valuation in 2021, and we’re just getting started - by creating value focused on values, we work tirelessly to ensure that Sunbit becomes available to everyone, everywhere.
We are looking for an exceptional data enthusiast Product Manager, with a passion for building high-quality products that tailor to the financial needs of American consumers in various retail and healthcare businesses. In this role, you will manage a suite of data products for internal and external users. You will be responsible for the full lifecycle of the products, from defining product strategy to deployment, including ideation, planning, designing, prioritizing, and defining requirements. You will work closely with the management team to ship products that directly contribute to the company’s growth.
Sunbit’s Product Managers are cross-functional leaders who deliver value every day and work relentlessly towards achieving Sunbit’s vision and goals. You will work with a group of passionate individuals in Product Management, business teams, engineering, Operations, and Legal. You will build world-class products leveraging our robust technology stack, deep analytics capabilities, and streamlined deployment processes through teamwork and collaboration.
What You'll Own:
- Define product vision, strategy, and business metrics.
- Build and maintain a product roadmap that contributes to the company’s strategic goals.
- Deliver innovative features by driving ideation, testing, and development.
- Ensure business KPIs are properly recorded and reported within our data models and BI tools.
- Define data and reporting requirements with business owners.
- Work with business analysts to define and map data products based on business requirements/definitions.
- Research and identify new opportunities to continuously add, enhance and improve Sunbit’s products.
- Define product development timeline and resource allocation
- Define business requirements and functional specifications based on an intimate knowledge of external and internal customers, the product, the data structure and the internal dependencies within the company.
- Conduct business and financial analysis to understand performance, gaps, and future enhancements.
- Work cross-functionally with designers, engineers, analysts and other stakeholders to guarantee smooth and efficient product delivery.
What You Bring to the Table:
- 2+ years of experience as a data Product Manager
- Experience in fintech and/or SaaS companies is a must. Specific experience with accounting and finance customers is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of data models, APIs, and software integrations.
- Advanced analytics capabilities to drive informed decision-making.
- Proven record of delivering products from ideation to implementation.
- Ownership mindset; a drive to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- Researched customer needs to help support product ideation and strategy.
- A natural curiosity to learn all parts of our technology and how it affects our business.
- A collaborative mindset with the ability to balance teamwork and autonomous decision-making.
- Ability to embrace the velocity of a fast-growth startup and thrive in ambiguity.
- Worked with business leaders to build game-changing features that directly contribute to the company’s growth.
- A passion for Sunbit’s mission.
- Join one of LA’s fastest growing startups (2022), A Most Loved Workplace, and #306 on the 2022 Inc 5000 list
- Mission driven + empowered + collaborative
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, EAP, FSA, & Maternity Leave
- Newly added HSA and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan with Matching
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Casual Dress
- Open door policy / Open office floor plan
- Team based strategic planning + Team owned deliverables
Core Competencies for Success at Sunbit:
- Serve others before self
- Collaborate cross functionally in a manner that demonstrates that your stakeholders are important
- Own the impact
- Ability to troubleshoot a variety of matters and holding yourself accountable
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively
- Connect genuinely
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with both merchants and internal stakeholders
- Act fast
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of support
- Include always
- Communicate well verbally and in writing, demonstrating empathy and understanding
- Innovate for good
- Establishes scalable capabilities by applying best practices to your workday.
Sunbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to provide a professional & welcoming workplace for all employees.